Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Floral SFYTT

Ok, I have to admit (and this doesn't happen very often), but I absolutely LOVE the way this card turned out!!! And honestly, I wasn't too keen on Jen's SFYTT sketch this week. It looked a little wonky to me in the sketch drawing (but of course, Jen's sample and the other DT girls' samples were fab as usual - I just had no idea what I would do with the damn thing). But I sat and stared at it for a few days and then on Monday evening I printed out some digi papers from Zoe Pearn's new Note to Self kit - which just might be my new favorite Zoe kit EVER!! - and pulled out one of my old favorite Verve sets, Petals and Stems, and just started playing around. Here's what I ended up with:


See? Pretty cool, huh? Thanks to my good friend Michelle, who finally pointed me in the right direction to Dawn's tutorial on how to make those fun poofy flowers that everyone's been doing lately (I'm always late to figure that stuff out! LOL). The flowers are slightly big for the stems, but I think it still works, right?

9 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Holy Hannah.....Jen this is flipping fabulous!!! Gorgeous card!

Mary J said...

OMG, Jen - I think you've created an amazing, amazing card!!!

hanksmom said...

love it! see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I think if you sent this card to Sawyer, he would leave his wife for you!!! Did you watch??

Jen said...

oh, i love it!! beautiful!

Kim said...

Good gosh that card is just so beautiful. Thanks for linking up the flower tutorials. I'm way behind on my hybrid-know-how :)

Anonymous said...

Love your card Jen. The flowers look great and I love that ribbon!

Lynn Put said...

Jen this is beautiful!!! I love all of the texture of the designer papers with this fantastic layout and fabulous flowers!

Curt in Indy said...

Your "poofy" flowers are awesome, and I don't think they are too big for the stems. It is a great design element to highlight the flowers, and you did such a great job on them! Best, Curt