Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #59

It's that time again!! Yep, the weeks are flying by for me too!! Here's a look at this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch #59, which you can play along with over on Karen's Blog:

I decided to make a fun St. Patty's Day Card using some SUPER old retired SU papers and my new SU I {heart} Hearts set. I can't remember exactly where I got the idea for making a clover out of stamped hearts, but I definitely didn't come up with it myself. It was either from my fellow Sweet Sunday Stamper Nancy Riley or maybe Mary Fish over a year ago I think. One of those amazingly talented Stampin' Up ladies anyway. Here's a look at my card:


I took some creative liberty with the sketch, replacing the square image layer with a circle, just because it looked better to me with the clover. I'm sorry I have NO IDEA what the name of the retired papers are that I used, but they're old. I added a brown PTI button to the center of the clover and hand-cut the stem. The sentiment is from another much-neglected SU set, Teeny Tiny Wishes. See? I'm really sticking to my resolution to use these weekly sketches as a way to dig into my stash and get some of my neglected stamp sets inky AND this week I'm even using up some of my old paper!! YAY!

be sure to stop by the other Sweet Sunday Stampers' blogs to see what they've done with the sketch...
Then play along with us and post your creation using InLinkz over on Karen's Blog!

I can't wait to see what you do with the sketch!

15 comments:

Beverly G said...

Great shamrock.

Sue said...

what a great idea, will have to give the clover a whirl!! thanks for the inspiration :)

Lynn said...

So cute...love that you used the hearts for the shamrock!

Shannon Willis said...

Jen what an adorable card. I love how you used the hearts. The other work on your blog is beautiful also.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Such an adorable card Jen. LOVE how you've used a circle too... AWESOME job.

xx Sarah

Karen Motz said...

What a FUN idea for the shamrock!!!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous St. Patty's Day card Jen! The heart clover with the button is too cute and I really like how you paired it with the SU designer paper!

Pam Speidel said...

OMG, this is an ingenious use of the heart stamp to create a shamrock. Love it Jen!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Jen, love your take on the sketch!! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Shut up! Look at this, how cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a clever use of the heart set...love it!

Katie Cotton said...

this card is so sweet! I love it!

Karen Giron said...

Super cute!! I love the circle - can I do mine over? hehe!

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic card! Great dp and love the circle instead of the square!

Curt in Indy said...

I've been seeing a lot of these cards making clovers out of hearts and I really think it is extremely clever. I'm going to have to do one. Great card! Best, Curt